38 123
发新话题
打印

[其他] 星空设计总监Emil连发15条推怒喷:非开发者不配批评星空,开发者不应该批评星空

Emil Pagliarulo
@Dezinuh

这是他的推特号
自己去看吧,泥潭不方便发图
(1/15)Funny how disconnected some players are from the realities of game development, and yet they speak with complete authority. I mean, I can guess what it takes to make a Hostess Twinkie, but I don't work in the factory, so what the hell do I really know? Not a lot.

(2/15)Part of me really gets it. When you're a consumer and spend money on things, that gives you the right to complain about those things. I spend a LOT of money on games every year, and sometimes it takes a lot for me not to scream into the internet's collective consciousness.

(3/15)I don't complain about games on social for two main reasons: 1.) I know how hard it is to make games, and have too much respect for my fellow devs. 2.) I work for a game studio, and it would be uncool and unprofessional for me to do so. But sometimes I want to. Oh boy.

(4/15)Most people don't have these constraints, and are free to post whatever they want. The internet is a glorious wild wild west, and I wouldn't have it any other way. And there was a time when I exercised that right very freely.

(5/15)When I was writing game reviews for the Adrenaline Vault forever ago, I was absolutely that person who would say whatever I wanted about a game, good or bad. Sometimes the good was over-enthusiastically too good. And sometimes the bad was me being a sarcastic asshat.

(6/15)But throughout that time, I actually had no inkling what game development was actually like. How hard the designers, programmers, artists, producers, and everyone else worked. The struggle to bring a vision to life with constantly shifting resources. The stress.

(7/15)This isn't me complaining about my job. I've experienced all these things, and will again. It's the nature of AAA game development. But I also have a great position, and am still gainfully employed after 21+ years. A blessing considering the thousands of layoffs this year.

(8/15)I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, because the internet. But given my position, I can't not share the truth. And that truth is, nobody sets out to make a bad game. And most game devs are incredibly talented... even if the game they release isn't up to par.

(9/15)See, I never knew this before, but if nothing else, video game development is a series of concessions and tough decisions. There's that perfect game you WANT to make... and then there's the game you CAN make. Sometimes, if the gods smile on you, those two are very close.

(10/15)But in order to get there, in order to get it as close as possible to the vision, the team has to push itself harder and harder... often while dealing with devs being shuffled around (or leaving), looming deadlines, and creative decisions you wish you didn't have to make.

(11/15)And "team" is absolutely the operative word there. Lots and lots of folks doing lots of lots of work. Writing, level building, making character models, coding game systems, trying to schedule it all so it can get done and folks don't burn out, and on and on.

(12/15)So sure, you can dislike parts of a game. You can hate on a game entirely. But don't fool yourself into thinking you know why it is the way it is (unless it's somehow documented and verified), or how it got to be that way (good or bad).

(13/15)Chances are, unless you've made a game yourself, you don't know who made certain decisions; who did specific work; how many people were actually available to do that work; any time challenges faced; or how often you had to overcome technology itself (this one is HUGE).

(14/15So yes! Love games, buy them, play them, and complain to your heart's content! It's sort of the nature of the developer/player transactional relationship.

(15/15But... just know that the game you're playing is in some ways a freaking miracle in and of itself. Normal people have come together to work FOR YEARS for one goal - to bring you fun and happiness. So it helps to remember that... and them!

[ 本帖最后由 满季包子 于 2023-12-14 16:42 编辑 ]

本帖最近评分记录
  • LionHeart 激骚 +10 最骚 Rated by wap 2023-12-16 11:13
  • weoful 激骚 +3 最骚 Rated by wap 2023-12-16 11:10
  • znt999 激骚 +4 最骚 Rated by wap 2023-12-16 10:55
  • ppigadvance 激骚 +2 骂人 2023-12-14 18:56

posted by wap, platform: Chrome
确实 自己做不出松鼠桂鱼的话 上什么就吃什么 一般消费者也配评论菜好不好吃?

这整个公司的管理层的嘴怎么都这么硬啊,就不怕名声臭了的吗

你不是厨师你有什么资格说我做的菜难吃?你是厨师大家都是同行你为什么要说我做的菜难吃?

[ 本帖最后由 majian1 于 2023-12-14 16:42 编辑 ]

posted by wap, platform: iPhone
我就说不会制冷的少骂冰箱

posted by wap, platform: iPhone
滴水不漏,赞

看了内容,我只能说是领导不行,游戏的框架就很垃圾

闭嘴不好嘛,星空就是老古董做得古董游戏 。

posted by wap, platform: Android
steam上新一波针对此言论的差评已经出现了,这团队都是弱智吗

发了两条引战水帖后,终于忍不住用这个号图穷匕见了?

这SB团队从上到下都没得救了

微软和B社不做公关管理的么? 这么傻逼的言论随便发?