posted by wap, platform: Samsung
老美论坛上有人说这游戏都不是bioware做的?EA找了旗下一个工作室挂个bioware的名头做了这个游戏。。。

posted by wap, platform: Chrome
引用:
原帖由 @LiquidM  于 2017-3-17 17:22 发表
老美论坛上有人说这游戏都不是bioware做的?EA找了旗下一个工作室挂个bioware的名头做了这个游戏。。。
你说的是这段吧?我也不知真假,只好等尼莫船长来评价一下了。

Bioware doesn't exist anymore.
DA:O was a surprise success that took 6ish years to make and almost everyone working at Bioware to put out the door. EA had no faith in it, and suddenly it was one of their top selling franchises. So they did what EA does to highly successful franchises, and asked Bioware to make another one. Except for this new one, they wanted it started and finished in under a year, as they had a dream of an annual RPG franchise. Mind you that's hard enough to pull off for FPS games which are relatively simple to make with multiple teams. Bioware was expected to put together a full length AAA RPG in 6-7 months while also putting out the last of the DA:O DLC.
This killed the company. Huge swathes of people up and quit. They couldn't handle the stress. They couldn't handle what they were expected to do. Every single major program director and creative lead left the company during this year period where they were developing DA2. Go look at LinkedIn profiles for the major people that worked on DA:O, and more then half of them suddenly leave Bioware in 2010. The combat director quit and wasn't replaced for months, so they had no real lead directing what the combat should have been during that period. Major story beats and combat ideas got forced into the game in the final months of 2010 not because they were good, but because the game needed to ship in a few months and it needed to get out the door. To help the DA team actually finish DA2 in a somewhat annual fashion, they drew most of the ME2 team off ME, throwing them into this grinder as well.
By the time DA2 launched, around half if not more of the original "Bioware" was gone. Go through the credits of DA:O, ME1, or ME2 and start LinkedIning people, none of them work for Bioware anymore. Most left between 2010 and 2012.
It's been a pretty steady drain since then. Compare the credits list of Inquisition to the credits list of DA:O or DA2. It's almost an entirely new team, and it's a team that Bioware specifically hired to replace the losses from DA2. It's why so many styles have changed since then, why the gameplay changed so steadily, and why they chose to try so many new things. Because Inquisition wasn't made by the DA:O team trying their hand at open world game design. It was maybe 1/6th of the guys that even touched DA:O/DA2 suddenly getting an influx of new blood, most of it Bioware fans finally getting a chance to work for the company they loved, that had great new ideas for what they wanted out of future Bioware games.
It's the same for the ME team. The brain drain has been bad, and the development of Andromeda has apparently picked off massive chunks of the team. The lead writer of the group was the lead writer for Halo 4, and he apparently clashed with a lot of the senior writers/main writers of previous ME games. A whole bunch of favorite ME writers have quit the company, and on various development forums have mentioned it was due to creative differences with the former lead writer. Gameplay leads have been leaving the ME/Bioware teams at a pretty steady pace since the game was developed as well. The story had to be picked up mid completion as the lead writer got forced out/quit and replaced, which likely doesn't mean great things for the narrative ( which we are also seeing here. ). Andromeda has currently had the great slow drip of Bioware talent since the dark days of 2010 when DA2 "killed" the company. They've been forced to cycle talent multiple times during the development of Andromeda, not just in management ( which has seen multiple complete turnovers ), but also among the rank and file people working on the game.
This isn't to say Andromeda can't be great, or that it won't live up to the hype. I'm personally hoping it does because I need something to play right now. But if it's good, it'll be good on it's own merits and it's own merits alone, rather then because "it's a Bioware game, I like Bioware!". Because Bioware doesn't exist anymore, it's a completely new entity and needs to be treated as such. People really need to be viewing this as "EA'S NEW ACQUISITION, BIOWARE VICTORY'S FIRST RPG. HOPE IT'S GOOD." rather then "Bioware always makes quality. I know what I'll get here.". As it is right now, EA is propping up Bioware's corpse with a new studio and hoping people don't notice while they keep using it as their RPG house.

引用:
原帖由 kelaredbull 于 2017-3-17 17:33 发表
你说的是这段吧?我也不知真假,只好等尼莫船长来评价一下了。

Bioware doesn't exist anymore.
DA:O was a surprise success that took 6ish years to make and almost everyo ...
这段文字说的是Bioware本部的STAFF经历过大换血,这是真的没错
但是非要说不是Bioware做的,是其他公司挂名就夸张了
我没看过原文,我估计指的应该是EA把其他分部挂名在Bioware旗下的策略
其他的公司品牌EA也这么干过,这是正常重组,比如EA LA在历史上就改过四次名字,一开始是同集团内与DICE总部竞争的对手,后来变成DICE的分部
问题是总部那边的STAFF也早就换过一轮了,纠结这事没意义啊

[ 本帖最后由 Nemo_theCaptain 于 2017-3-17 17:49 编辑 ]

引用:
原帖由 @Nemo_theCaptain  于 2017-3-17 17:38 发表
这段文字说的是Bioware本部的STAFF经历过大换血,这是真的没错
但是非要说不是Bioware做的,是其他公司挂名就夸张了
我没看过原文,我估计指的应该是EA把其他分部挂名在Bioware旗下,然后辅助开发的策略,但这也只能是辅助作用
其他的公司品牌EA也这么干过,这是正常重组,比如EA LA在历史上就改过四次名字,一开始是同集团内与DICE总部竞争的对手,后来变成DICE的分部
我估计指的是MEA是 Bioware Montreal做的,之前主导ME三部曲的的Bioware Edmonton,现在在做一个未公开的新title。

引用:
原帖由 kelaredbull 于 2017-3-17 17:42 发表
我估计指的是MEA是 Bioware Montreal做的,之前主导ME三部曲的的Bioware Edmonton,现在在做一个未公开的新title。
这是没错,问题是Edmonton那边也早就物是人非了,STAFF经历过大换血,他们前两年做的DAI也就那水平,纠结这事完全没用
你24L贴的那段倒是实话,就算是Edmonton也是换过血的,纠结是Montreal还是Edmonton已经没什么意义了

Bioware负责MassEffect系列的几个主创都走了,更远点说,Bioware创始人都早走了,就怕这个系列和最终幻想一样,成为一个毫无进取心、技术落后、创意匮乏的空壳IP。

posted by wap, platform: Android
感觉论坛吹的欧美rpg盛世其实就盛了ps3x360一个世代,这几年数量大量减少不说,新ip几乎没,续作也大多不尽人意。

posted by wap, platform: 小米5
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av9210648/

喷了

发新话题

官方公众号及微博