Board logo

标题: [新闻] 外媒:高清去死,日式RPG只有点阵图就够了 [打印本页]

作者: 影法师    时间: 2009-4-7 13:50     标题: 外媒:高清去死,日式RPG只有点阵图就够了

家用机不适合RPG?

如果你喜欢的RPG系列最新作发售了,家用机版和掌机版,你会选择哪个版本的呢?

不久前,国外新闻站“Destructoid”上刊登了一篇名为《New rule: Every JRPG shall be portable》的文章。文章的作者大胆提出了“将所有日式RPG掌机化”的提案的“新规则”。

首先,在家用机玩日式RPG的时候,玩家将在数十小时内被束缚在电视机前。另外,无论画面多么华丽,陈腐的故事线、无聊的重复强制作业,还有千篇一律的全语音也已经听腻了。——以上也是这篇文章的主张。

相反,掌机除了可以不限时间地点随意游戏之外,也不用等待角色们慢慢的读完对白。同时,文章中还有“日式RPG中不需要多么豪华的画面,只有点阵图就够了”,与耗资巨大的开发费用进行开发的日式RPG相比,最初在掌机上开发的日式RPG,无论是对厂商还是对用户都有很大的好处。这么说可能是有些极端,不过当看到家用机上的日式RPG在国外接连苦战,而大部分人都在床上惬意的玩DS上的《世界树迷宫》,你就会觉得这句话真的没错。

关于这篇文章的近100条负面评论被删除了。不过,也有很多“赞成。希望早点实行这个规则”“希望早点玩到PSP上重制的《女神异闻录》啊”“谁去告诉SE,我们想要DS或者PSP的《FF13》啊。”这样的赞同的评论。当然不论是欧美还是日本,对于RPG的感觉都有很大的区别……作为中国玩家的你又是怎样认为的呢?
http://www.destructoid.com/new-rule-every-jrpg-shall-be-portable-125833.phtml

[tbl]

Destructoid Exclusive! [/tbl]

I've made no secret of the fact that JRPGs are burning me out lately. I've been unable to get excited about a Japanese console roleplayer ever since Infinite Undiscovery, a game which more or less ruined the genre for me by magnifying every bad cliché' that exists, to the point where it's now all I think about when I think about JRPGs.
For someone whose imagination was captured by Final Fantasy games and who once considered himself an RPG devotee, this is quite sad indeed. The last console RPG I truly loved was Lost Odyssey, and before that, Dragon Quest VIII. In a few years, only a handful of console RPGs I could care about, and a whole lot of garbage.
I also sadly don't have time for 40+ hour long RPG experiences anymore, unless they are truly exceptional. As gamers get older, have families, and acquire demanding jobs, it stands to reason that JRPGs will get knocked on the head. It's very sad, but also very true.
However, while I lament and whine about my love for JRPGs dying, I completely ignored the fact that I've been playing and loving them this whole time. It's just, I haven't been anywhere near a console when I did it.  
This is why I demand there be a new rule -- every JRPG must now be portable!

The DS is already home to countless JRPGs, and the PSP had a fair few games itself. While I get less and less enthused about upcoming console roleplayers, unable to be wowed by dazzling graphics when I know it'll just be grinding, rubbish storylines and shit voice acting, every time I hear about a new portable RPG, my ears perk up. On a home console, JRPG over saturation is frightening, since you can only really handle one of those projects one at a time, and that's what a JRPG is at heart -- a project. Not so much a game, but an ongoing plan of action that one must commit to in order to reap enjoyment.
For me, a project is difficult to do when I sit in front of the TV, ready for a dose of instant gratification. I'm no longer a child, amused by simplistic repetition, and sitting to level grind in front of a TV for several hours at a time just doesn't work anymore. This is the first benefit to RPGs on the DS and PSP. Portable formats are perfectly suited to the "chipping away" nature of level grinding. A few battles on the way to work, a heavy grinding session during a boring cross-country trip. When I used to have a "real" job, I'd take my DS to work and snatch a quick battle in Final Fantasy III in between phone calls. The nigh-impenetrable Disgaea was so much more digestible on the PSP for this same reason, too.  
Thanks to portable RPGs, I now relish otherwise dull flights to events or lengthy interstate drives, because it gives me a chance to get absorbed in another JRPG. What once presented itself as work on a console is now a fun portable project, or at the very least a handy "time-travel" device that keeps one occupied on a trip so you don't realize how long you've actually been on the plane. This is a huge reason why portable JRPGs kick the shit out of console ones.

Another handy reason why RPGs are better on portable platforms is the fact that there is usually a lot less voice acting, thanks to limited file sizes. While Suikoden Tierkreis is currently hurting my ears with its high-pitched, line-blurting nonsense, at least the developers had to pick and choose when to use it, rationing out the voice acting so sometimes you get the blessed relief of silent text. Also, with far less reliance on cutscenes, one can scroll through the words, allowing the player to read ahead of the voice acting and skip to the next piece of dialog before particularly annoying characters can finish speaking. Being able to read the dialog myself and cut certain shitty voice actors short has saved my sanity over the years of DS roleplaying.
Frankly, I think videogames have reached a point where if a developer cannot be **ing bothered to pay for voice actors who can act, they shouldn't bother having spoken dialog in the first place. However, that's never going to happen, so it's yet another reason why portable RPGs win out.  
Another point is the graphics. Let's face it, most JRPG fans have old school sensibilities, it's the only way they can keep enjoying a genre that's barely evolved in over twenty years. I can only be wowed by "next-gen zomg" graphics so much, and typically if a game has focused too much on how a game looks, they've often forgotten about how the game plays, or how enjoyable the story is. Many console JRPGs are graphically gorgeous, but so dull in other areas that it barely matters. At least with the humble graphics of the DS and even the PSP, developers have more time and resources to focus on other things. Besides which, pixel art can be simply beautiful, and most JRPGs just look much better when represented in such a style. Storyline was once the important driving factor of an RPG, not graphics. Handheld RPGs seem to remember this a lot more. Even PSP RPGs tend to stick to sprite-based art.
I'm certainly not saying that reduced graphical focus always leads to better storylines. Far from it, the DS and PSP are home to plenty of shitty plots and bad writing. However, the portable format again wins through here, making awful writing all that much more bearable. When I sit down in front of a television, I have an expectation in mind. I have set aside a number of hours which I've committed to a videogame, and I expect to be entertained in return. With the DS and PSP, there is far less commitment. You drop in, drop out, and this makes bad writing much more bearable. While a truly stellar story will always be far more welcome, a rubbish one is easier to accept.

It's safe to say that there is a definite perceived decline in Japanese RPGs. Once a king in the hardcore gamer realm, the continued efforts of tri-Ace and other developers who don't know how to make a good console game have helped to steep such games in disappointment and cynicism, to the point where even Final Fantasy XIII is struggling to keep people excited. It is earning itself a reputation as a pompous genre, a decaying and irrelevant member of the old guard, dressing itself up in a ruff and feather and preening itself as if it were as important as ever.
On the DS and PSP, however, JRPGs are are fresh-faced and hopeful as always. Even though they do very little different from their bigger brothers, these handheld RPGs just feel better, for all the reasons I've provided. Maybe they are just better at hiding the same old worn clichés, but if they can at least create the illusion that JRPGs haven't all turned shit, then I'll gladly suck down that placebo and enjoy myself. From now, on, upon pain of death, all JRPGs must now be portable.
Oh, and they're also way **ing cheaper!
作者: 狂风007    时间: 2009-4-7 13:53

说真的,对我来说,美式RPG连点阵图都没必要

因为我连看一眼的兴趣都没有
作者: firesun    时间: 2009-4-7 13:53

那啥,世界树迷宫是经典美式RPG吧,只有画面算是日式的?
作者: 恨水无痕    时间: 2009-4-7 14:40

无所谓,基本不玩RPG:D
作者: gil    时间: 2009-4-7 15:08

掌机玩RPG就是找抽。玩十几分钟停个几小时...
作者: DeathNote    时间: 2009-4-7 15:11

引用:
原帖由 狂风007 于 7/4/2009 13:53 发表
说真的,对我来说,美式RPG连点阵图都没必要

因为我连看一眼的兴趣都没有
你还是比我好一点,我连听着美式RPG都想吐呢
作者: 耶稣复临    时间: 2009-4-7 15:18

高清fan情何以堪。。
作者: norush    时间: 2009-4-7 15:35

欧美RPG还是很不错的
作者: 明着贪可难    时间: 2009-4-7 15:36

对于现快餐文化的发展,一天工作学习忙到要死,反而掌机玩玩RPG倒是个不错的选择,随时随地玩一段,就是流畅度大减。。。。。。。。。。。
作者: nordics    时间: 2009-4-7 16:47

引用:
原帖由 狂风007 于 2009-4-7 13:53 发表
说真的,对我来说,美式RPG连点阵图都没必要

因为我连看一眼的兴趣都没有
自信是我的影子 翩翩姿态使我梦接梦
作者: shiningfire    时间: 2009-4-7 16:57

有些人刚刚适应了FPS,现在要接受美式RPG显然早了点
作者: 大船将军    时间: 2009-4-7 16:57

所有RPG都给我OUT。。。全部无爱。。。管你美日。。。
作者: GAYBL    时间: 2009-4-7 17:10

现在感觉时间有限,没那么多时间玩RPG.
作者: OMFG    时间: 2009-4-7 17:13

无所谓,反正不玩日式rpg
作者: 262674    时间: 2009-4-7 17:14

纸牌更适合TRPG
作者: oxox    时间: 2009-4-7 17:22

这贴应该az发的
作者: OMFG    时间: 2009-4-7 17:25

引用:
原帖由 DeathNote 于 2009-4-7 15:11 发表

你还是比我好一点,我连听着美式RPG都想吐呢
这是病,得治
作者: GAYBL    时间: 2009-4-7 17:26

美式RPG最近几年复苏了,这要归功于微软。
作者: 田中健一    时间: 2009-4-7 17:27

[posted by wap]

我很赞同
作者: 轻武器    时间: 2009-4-7 17:28

我支持,掌机能随时待机,多美
作者: BeastMa    时间: 2009-4-7 17:35

FF9让我在电视机上玩我还真的玩不动

反而是PSP上打通了……
作者: linxiaojiu    时间: 2009-4-7 18:12

日本人给游戏配音,这个确实有些疲劳。
没有语音的dq,确实是日式rpg的上乘选择。
作者: iaie    时间: 2009-4-7 18:41

rpg的画面只要有gba的水准我觉得就可以了 关键是系统好不好 剧情有不有趣
作者: 天使心hx    时间: 2009-4-7 19:09

时间有限,我现在压根儿就不想玩游戏
作者: zentdk    时间: 2009-4-7 19:50

如果是2d的,现在这样的掌机也行了
3d的就帮帮忙了。过十年再谈吧
作者: Ophelia    时间: 2009-4-7 20:19

传统RPG的话说得一点没错...
动作RPG就另当别论了
作者: 佩西公爵    时间: 2009-4-7 20:49

最烦就是全程动画按不掉..配音倒无所谓.

对点阵的画面有大爱.  玩游戏其实可以无所谓画面的 FC的勇者斗恶龙.. SFC的三国志英杰传.
作者: Ophelia    时间: 2009-4-7 23:21

引用:
原帖由 佩西公爵 于 2009-4-7 20:49 发表
最烦就是全程动画按不掉..配音倒无所谓.

对点阵的画面有大爱.  玩游戏其实可以无所谓画面的 FC的勇者斗恶龙.. SFC的三国志英杰传.
现在基本上都能按掉了吧
作者: 鱼鱼鱼鱼    时间: 2009-4-7 23:33

恩..我宁可在NDS上玩RPG..也懒得坐在电视前玩...
作者: acoolbat    时间: 2009-4-10 03:09

完全同意

RPG就出在掌机上最好,家用机就搞车枪球+动作暴力游戏,这才是最合理的配置
作者: 教师随笔    时间: 2009-4-10 10:50

日呆踩雷游戏无视
作者: 不知所谓无所谓    时间: 2009-4-10 10:58

终于有个明白人。
作者: 三派聚义    时间: 2009-4-10 12:16

这种纱布的模式只适合所有美式游戏,日式RPG还是放在客厅的游戏机比较适合.